20 Most Powerful Digital Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses
In this article the most effective digital marketing strategies for small businesses will be discussed.
Many people think that their success will come from introducing a unique product or using traditional marketing strategies. But without a digital marketing plan, it won’t be the case in 2023.
I’m going to share a list of result driven strategies and that almost assure you of getting a lot of leads even from a single effort.
Hope you’ll love these strategies.
Click a section below to be taken right to one of the strategies.
- Use Infographics for brand recognition
- Make a website for your digital presence
- Use a templates of CMS for your website building
- Blog frequently to pull in visitors
- Create compelling landing pages.
- Make your site mobile-friendly for more engagement
- Using search engine optimization (SEO) for high ranking
- Pitch your E-mail
- Include discount codes in email newsletters and website landing pages.
- Advertise your wares on the web.
- List Your Business on a Popular Directory
- Create a free webinar and promote it.
- Inviting satisfied clients to provide testimonials
- Make yourself discoverable with Google my business account
- Speedup your ROI with Google and Bing
- Promote goods on Etsy and Amazon as a sponsor.
- Create a referral scheme using content (created by your audience)
- Video Marketing
- Promote your business through the chamber of commerce.
- Chatbot and live chat marketing
As you work to raise brand recognition and fund-raising efforts, these tactics are essential:
1. Use Infographics for brand recognition.
You may forget the name of the Eiffel Tower but you can’t forget its picture.
Because we humans can memorize pictorial elements better than any other data. Surprisingly, it’s 60 thousand times easy for a brain to process visual elements than text. In our daily life, we transmit 90% of information to our minds visually.
Promoting your company with a consistent brand identity will make you appear more credible to potential clients. Your brand consists of your company’s name, logo, and overall visual style. And its use in content production and marketing.
Even though you can design your logo using one of the many online tools available for little to no cost. But hiring a graphics designer will likely result in a more professional logo design. You can easily implement these graphics throughout your business and products.
2. Make a website for your digital presence.
Sleep tight your website will work 24/7 in a week.
A website is the core element of your digital marketing. It is always available when you are not available. Your website is the front end of almost all of your digital marketing efforts like a newsletter, email marketing, PPC campaigns, etc. It is a platform that presents your
- Your services,
- your products,
- your location,
- your history,
- your contacts,
- Partner programs.
- Working hours
Before launching a website understand what the audience you are going to address is. Your website must meet the requirement of our customers. Owning a website is always a priority over any other e-commerce platform. Because you don’t have to shoulder the burden of imposed policies. With the combination of other digital marketing strategies, you may easily convert visitors into leads.
3. Use a template of CMS for your website building.
If you’re a tech-savvy business owner, you’ll want to construct your website. Content management systems (CMSs) are the best choice to streamline the procedure.
It enables you to build, organize, deliver, and modify different content that may include blog posts, eBooks, and e-commerce stores. It also helps to organize your websites, mobile applications, and other online platform integrations with your business.
You can use free open-source CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. You can acquire free or cheaply priced, fully editable website designs for most CMSs. There are templates available for different types of businesses. Once your website is up and running, most content management systems have a plug-in that will assist you to optimize your content. (We’ll get into more detail about how this impacts your Google rankings below).
4. Blog frequently to pull in visitors.
How will you engage the visitors who are not your customer this time? Or how you can tell people that you are professional in your field?
You can achieve this by applying two methods:
Posting blogs: Posting a blog on regular basis will engage the audience which may lead to a potential buyer in the future. Even it engages those who are not your customer but maybe your referral.
Commenting on blogs: Your comment on other blogs of your niche gives a strong impression that you are professional in your field. Your expert opinions about a relative topic also convert a stranger into your fan.
Publishing fresh and valuable content even once a week will help your website rank higher in search results and educate potential clients on why they should trust your business. Posting blogs on your website will encourage the audience to signup for a newsletter or subscription to get notified about updates.
5. Create compelling landing pages.
If a customer clicks on a referral link or advertisement, where should he land?
Yes, this is the landing page with whom a customer interact when he clicks on a link or CTA. It should provide valuable resources that can satisfy a customer and urge them to buy the product.
You have a short time to grab the attention of a customer. So, ensure the following features while creating a landing page.
- Inspirational heading
- Compelling benefits.
- To the point information
- Conciseness in text
- Visual focus with attractive graphics
- Offer a few choices to avoid distraction
- Clear & unique selling proposal.
- Strong call to action (CTA)
6. Make your site mobile-friendly for more engagement.
About 59% of traffic on a website comes from mobile and 41% from desktop so it’s crucial that your site renders well on mobile and is simple to navigate. Search engines like Google give you a higher rating if you have a mobile site, so it’s in your best interest to have one.
Making a mobile-friendly website isn’t rocket science. The majority of content management systems (CMSs) these days include pre-built templates that are optimized for mobile use. Otherwise, you can ask your developer to convert your website for mobile use.
If your business required you should try to convert your website to an app for android or iOS platforms. That is much more convenient for your customer to use.
7. Using search engine optimization (SEO) for high ranking.
Did you search for something and click on a result that lies on the 5th page of Google results?
People wish to see their solution on the first page. They don’t want to go to the next pages even for a brand they love.
Its SEO that works to rank your website on the first page and in the top results. With search engine optimization (SEO), you can connect with clients that are purposely searching for what you have to offer.
Google analyzes many factors to rank a website. Research has indicated most of the element that Google consider for ranking. By focusing on these elements, you can optimize your website for better ranking. Some of the essential elements of a website to consider are:
- Producing high-quality content
- Keyword research and its placement
- Length of your content
- Page URL
- H1 tags
- Optimizing content around customer needs
- Meta description
- Website load time
- Navigation of the website
- Website optimization for mobile
- Referral links from the authority site
- Social signals
- Bounce rate
- Dwell time (Engage time)
8. Pitch your E-mail.
Whether it is direct marketing or digital marketing a powerful tool is your E-mail marketing. Email marketing is used to promote your product, services, or offers. Email may contain a CTA(call to action) or a direct link to your landing page. You may send your offers and promotion to your client over the period to turn them into your customer.
Email marketing follows three steps.
- Draw attention with a compelling offer.
- Create desire by emphasizing the advantages and attributes of your good or service.
- In last step, add a signup button, form, or subscription.
How you may collect the email of your audience?
Here are some easy ways you can collect the emails. You may try combination of two or three tactics.
- Signup form on your landing page or website
- Run a contest.
- Try pop-ups
- Add incentives after a purchase
- Reach out to your social followers with compelling snippets
- Collect email addresses with Facebook Ads
- Add a form or signup to your Facebook business page
- Pin a tweet to entice a signup
- Invest in social advertising
- Collect signups during conferences
- Host your live event
- Offer an Attractive Lead Magnet
- Allow Users to Subscribe via a Registration Form
- Offer content on a platform like YouTube or Pinterest then link the subscription
- Add a subscription bar to your website
- Offer the strongest incentive you can afford.
- Place a floating bar on the top or the bottom of the page.
- Placement of newsletter after most visited article
9. Include discount codes in email newsletters and website landing pages.
An excellent method to get people interested in your brand is to include a discount code in promotional emails, such as sign up for our newsletter to receive 10% on your first purchase. Customers who recently made a discounted purchase may be more likely to make a full price buy in the future.
Another excellent technique to pique their interest in your company is to offer them a free trial coupon for your subscription service.
10. Advertise your wares on the web.
Statistics show that the use of social media is about 2 hours and 31 minutes per day by 59% of the world’s population. So there left no reason not to use this medium to promote your products, increase brand recognition, and interact with potential customers.
What makes social media a powerful tool for marketing?
Here are some qualities that make social media a powerful platform for advertising. promote your products, increase brand recognition, and interact with potential customers all with the help
Cost-effective: Almost all of the most popular social media sites have advertising packages that won’t break the bank and will help you reach your desired demographic with your posts.
More than one channel: Not limited to one channel. You can use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, or whatever you feel convenient.
No Content limitation: There is no limitation for content. You can upload content as much as you want with no storage limit.
Live to stream: You can go live on many platforms of social media, and interact with the audience in real time.
Geo-fencing: You can advertise your business for a target audience more specifically for a country, city, or town. You can also filter your audience by industry.
Use of hashtag: Use the hashtag to draw the attention of the relative audience, and organize and promote content.
Community-based: Use of groups, forums, and pages makes a virtual community that helps to brand awareness.
You can engage social media audiences with content by:
- Offer a solution to their problem
- Latest news/updates of your industry
- Training videos
- Share experience in your field
- By commenting on others’ posts in your sector
- Expert opinion on hot topics
- Short videos of your product/services
- Sharing reviews of your satisfied clients
- Curate them for launching products
Consider employing a social media manager who also has experience managing online communities if at all possible. Community managers are responsible for both posting content regularly and addressing the needs and concerns of their followers.
11. List Your Business on a Popular Directory.
There is undoubtedly a directory appropriate for your organization, regardless of the sort of goods or services you offer. If you are a restaurant owner, you may wish to add your business to Google My Business or Yelp. Product Hunt is a wonderful way to advertise your digital products if you offer them, such as SaaS products.
It is easy for customers to give feedback on your goods or services by listing your company in numerous directories. Positive ratings influence prospective clients’ purchasing decisions.
12. Create a free webinar and promote it.
People want to know every detail of a product/service before they purchase and love to talk with service providers/sellers.
“This is possible”
Using a free webinar you can share the detail of your product with the public and respond to their queries.
Follow these steps for a better conversion rate.
- Make people curious about your launching service with social media posts.
- Then register your interested audience for the webinar through a form.
- Launch a live session and explain your service or product in depth.
- Try not to let any query left behind.
- Respond to the queries of people and satisfy them with concise answers.
- Ask to give feedback and review products.
- Encourage the audience to love and share with others.
- Create a hashtag for your product to let the community to discuss.
Positive reviews are the catalyst to lead conversion. You may also provide a training session to potential clients and these sessions will also establish your identity in your field and generate income streams.
13. Inviting satisfied clients to provide testimonials.
There is nothing more precious in a business than positive reviews from a satisfied client.
It creates credibility for your business and lets new visitors trust your brand. Provide a platform for your satisfied customers to share their expressions. Study shows that people feel confident when they see positive expression from friend & family. Encourage customers to leave positive reviews on sites like Yelp, Google, and social media if they have a positive experience with your product or service.
14. Make yourself discoverable with Google my business account.
People don’t usually value free items, yet they sometimes enrich your life.
The best example is Google my business (GMB). The more you are discoverable on the web, especially on Google search leads better opportunities to engage customers. GMB offers an opportunity to present your business on the web even if it shows directly in Google search results.
- Here is a list of GMB benefits:
- Business Credibility
- Free of cost
- Ease of Use
- Improve your local SEO
- Reviews from clients generate leads
- Business info in SERP
- Brand recognition
- Marketing tool
- Google My Business Insights and its benefits for analytics
Your customer, when searching your business on Google, will see your GMB profile with a lot of information like Business name, location, contact number, featured images, customer Reviews, your Website, Google My Business posts, Time table, Products, and services.
How to set up a Google Business Profile:
- Sign in to Google Business Profile Manager
- Add details of your business
- Enter the location of your business
- Add your contact info
- Verify your business
- Complete your profile details
- Verify your business location
- Add your products/services
- Add images and videos of your business
- Put keywords of your business in the profile
- Answer reviews and questions
- Keep up to date with your business info
- Add special features and offers
15. Speedup your ROI with Google and Bing.
If you run a small business or startup you are more conscious about your budget and want speedy ROI to reinvest in the business for expansion. Then you must go for SEM. It’s a wonderful digital marketing strategy, especially for a small business or startup. Because paid results show at the top and give immediate ROI.
SEM is a short form of search engine marketing that cast a little and promotes your website on top. Ranking high with SEM will grab the attention of already cultivated customers and ultimately boost your leads. You don’t need to wait for a long time for results like SEO. The results are much speedy than SEO.
Follow these simple steps for SEM
- Do keyword research related to your service in respect of your target audience.
- Create an ad for your target keyword.
- Start your PPC search campaign
You’ll pay a small fee once a person clicks on your ad. That’s because, in SEM, you’re charged on a pay-per-click basis. When a person enters the keywords you’ve targeted to search, your text ad will appear in the search results at the top of organic results.
Make sure your landing page is fully optimized before launching into pay-per-click advertising. If you’re paying per click for advertising and those who click through don’t buy anything, your campaign will be a waste of money.
You may hire an SEM expert to create your ad. Because search engines only allow ads in text format and you need high-quality content to generate traffic and get leads.
16. Promote goods on Etsy and Amazon as a sponsor.
If you already have an Amazon storefront, you can take advantage of their sponsored products program to increase sales. If you’ve never made an ad campaign before, consider using this pay-per-click software, which can generate advertising based on your product listings and automatically target your ads.
If you’re an artisan who uses Etsy to sell your stuff, you should check out their advertising options. This is a pay-per-click strategy, much like that used by Amazon, with a daily minimum of $1. Etsy Ads will help your products stand out in Etsy’s search results, category pages, and marketing pages.
17. Create a referral scheme using content (created by your audience).
Customer referrals are a powerful form of marketing.
“It’s true because?”
The satisfaction of your clients might serve as social evidence in your advertising efforts. When your buyers are happy with your brand, ask them to spread the word about the products they love. To increase brand awareness, you can incentivize them to bring in new clients by using affiliate marketing. You give affiliates a unique link and whenever a reader clicks on it and makes a purchase, the content creator earns a commission.
Many companies like Bluehost offers affiliate programs. It’s an easy way to outsource your digital marketing without an upfront cost.
Customers who are referred by others are more loyal and make more purchases than non-referred customers. These potential new clients are more likely to have a good experience overall because they were introduced by someone they know.
18. Video Marketing.
There is no doubt that video is the most engaging form of content. Because the video presents a detailed explanation of your products or services.
Statistics show about 87% of all online businesses use video for content marketing.
- Videos may include:
- Your product demo
- Detail features of a product
- The worth it can add to a customer’s life
- Interviews with influencers
- Behind the scene of your business
The platform used for video marketing is the second important thing to consider after the content of your video. Now short videos have a great tendency to go viral. You have a short span of user intention, so try to keep the video short. Short videos like reels on YouTube have great potential to engage the customer. Videos can be uploaded on your website, landing page, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, or any social media platform. But consider formatting the video according to the platform.
19. Promote your business through the chamber of commerce.
If you own a brick-and-mortar establishment, it could be beneficial to place ads with the local chamber of commerce. It varies by location, but for a yearly price, you can usually get promoted on their website, their social media, and their email newsletter. It’s a fantastic chance to connect with other entrepreneurs and spread the word about your brand. Get your company’s name out there immediately.
20. Chatbot and live chat marketing.
The use of a chatbot to market your product or services is called chatbot marketing.
In this strategy, you respond to your customers with an AI-based app. You can easily link your chatbot with your website or a messaging app. Customers can get information and answer their queries without human intervention on the base of predefined rules.
Chatbots have an advantage for both the business and client end.
- Quick response to queries
- Save time and money.
- Provide ‘24/7’ Customer Support
- Answering FAQs
- Customize greetings to customers on your website
- Guide Users to Better Outcomes
- Help generate Leads & Revenue
- Speeds up the payment process
- Help to segment traffic
- Boosts engagement
- Compatible with all businesses
- Gives data for analysis
- Detail answer and explanation
- Enabling making orders
- Bill payments
- Buying items at competitive price
- Getting ideas and inspiration for purchases
- Tracking orders
- Resolving a complaint or problem
- Respond in emergency
- Scheduling meetings
- Adding client to a mailing list for news and updates
You have read all the highly effective strategies we explained, as well as their importance and outcome. It’s time to do it practically. You may combine two or three strategies to get a better outcome.
There may be a long way to go before you establish a solid internet presence for your organization, but even small steps in the right direction will pay off in spades.
Let me know.
Which strategy do you like most?
Which strategy you are going to try first?
Leave a Reply